Thursday 9 January 2020

4 ways to make fast food healthier

1. Choose grilled chicken, not fried

You’re feeling virtuous because you chose a salad, but if it comes with crispy or fried chicken instead of grilled, you could consume an additional 80 calories and an extra 8 g of fat. For example, the McDonald’s Mediterranean Salad with Warm Crispy Chicken has 290 calories and 15 g of fat, whereas the same salad with Warm Grilled Chicken has 210 calories and only 7 g of fat.

2. Skip the toppings

“If you add pecans, bacon bits or croutons to your salad, it will really top up the fat, sugar, salt and calories,” advises Shaw-Ewald. Skip these toppers and you can retrain your taste buds to enjoy a salad without the extra calories and fat. At Wendy’s, adding gourmet croutons to your salad adds 80 calories and 3 g fat. Adding roasted pecans will add another 110 calories and 9 g fat and seasoned tortilla strips will add 80 calories and 4.5 g fat.

3. Choose a vinaigrette salad dressing, not creamy

“Always choose a vinaigrette salad dressing instead of a creamy dressing,” says Shaw-Ewald. Salad dressings are not equal alternatives when it comes to calorie count or fat content. Further, she advises that you don’t really need to use the whole packet – try using just half. On the McDonald’s menu for example, one packet of Renée’sMighty Caesar Dressing contains 260 calories and a whopping 29 g fat. Your better choice is Renée’s Ravin’ Raspberry Vinaigrette, which has only 60 calories and 3.5 g fat.

4. Avoid milkshakes masquerading as gourmet coffee drinks

DQ’s Caramel MooLatte (24 oz.) has an incredible 900 calories and 24 g of fat. According to Shaw-Ewald, that’s about half the calories required by an average woman in an entire day. Even the lowest calorie 16 oz. Cappucino MooLatte will set you back 510 calories and contribute 18 g fat. If you’re craving a sweet a treat, it’s far better to have a Kids’ Vanilla Cone for only 170 calories and 4.5 g fat.

23 comments:

  1. McDonald is the best..0839972038

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best fries in the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best fries and love the Cajun chicken

    ReplyDelete
  4. My entire family loves eating at Mcdonalds.gateway Mcdonalds is our favourite hangout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is my name not showing. I just commented using my email loshineemunsamy1@gmail.com my entire family loves eating at Mcdonalds, its our fabourite hangout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cajun chicken yuummmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and delicious food at affordable price....Stores are always clean and the staff is friendly ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and delicious I like everything especially the crunchy chips.... Very affordable and have very friendly staff... I'm loving it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mc Donalds with desserts and all ..Cajun is my personal favourite..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you Mc Donalds Mc feast Large

    meal is the best and the stellenbosch staff very friendly keep up the good work......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicken Jalapeno Burger is my new favorite at McDonalds, not to mention the fries... Hmmmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mcdonalds Macfeast the best. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will still be an old time fav - Big mac with a choc milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  14. MacD is my sons Every weekend spot if he has say. his favourite is the choc milkshake, jalepeno sauce and the big tasty burger. he also has a warm drink and dessert after.

    ReplyDelete
  15. health all the way me and my son's spot😍😋

    ReplyDelete
  16. My lovely spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best fries!!, I love the breakfast, lunch i just love everything you serve

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't take takeaways I always eat in, being in a McDonald's is really refreshing. I love the mood, the burgers the ice cream, the coffee and most importantly the fries ������

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mcdonalds is the best wherever i go i always end up by mcdonalds

    ReplyDelete
  20. McDonald is the best, especially when it comes to fries. Not forgetting that they sell healthy and delicious food

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoy eating in then takeaways but if i leave and done eating I another order to take home lol.

    also i cannot make an order with out fries. the fires is the bestes

    ReplyDelete